Sunday, April 8, 2007

Living or existing?

I am not sure what I am doing at the moment. I was challenged during church with this comment (once again) and every time it gets me. I know that I have the joy of the Lord, there is no doubt about that, but I still feel like I am trying to put together pieces of happiness in order to enjoy life. Am I still running away or will I ever be completely satisfied with my life. I know what abiding means and I don't feel as if I am doing that. But for how long will I go from thing to thing? When can I settle down and commit? Or is committing just settling? Or is there something more?

1 comment:

joshua* said...

putting together happiness.


interesting.

it's strange, though, that after marriage, even though i tried to not think about it this way, i feel like i've attained, like i've done the work. i feel like i've already made it.

it's been so easy to...well...stop looking.

it seems we all need to keep asking, seeking, knocking...