Sunday, January 2, 2011

For Angie...motives or not

Another post yet for another year (or New Year's Resolution). I will send a $5 Chipotle gift card to the first person who can tell me the statistics of how many people started a blog in the first week of January 2011. You must have an accurate source and be able to provide evidence.

Back to blogging...As you can see from the dates of my last blog, I stopped blogging for quite some time. I am questioner of motives. I question others and my own quite frequently. What is the purpose of blogging and what is my purpose. If I don't think it is legit, I don't do it. The same with Facebook and Twitter and what not...Why do I need to project my thoughts, my life, my opinions out into the world? So people will laugh, to try to be cool, to vent? What's the point?

With those questions, I am still blogging. For Angie (and for myself). I have had trouble sleeping since November and I lay awake Twitter stalking. That has led to blog stalking. I thoroughly enjoy reading friends blogs, finding new blogs, and learning things I never knew existed in the world. It has inspired me to make new tasty drinks, set goals for myself, and live a little more. Everyone's life looks cooler in a blog and I am going to find the coolness in my life. I think I have overlooked it for some time now. Just like blessings.

Which brings me to my other point. If my blog/life is ever self absorbed and not glorifying to God, please call me out on it. He is my rock and foundation and I praise Him for every breathe He allows me to live on this Earth.

Thanks blog police. You know who you are.

No comments: